The 2017 BOSS Awards were held on 30 November at the Tower Guoman Hotel in central London, boasting spectacular views of Tower Bridge and the River Thames.
The glittering evening was hosted by TV Presenter and entertainer Mark Durden-Smith, best known for his coverage of the 2017/18 Rugby World Cup, as well as for shows such as I’m a Celebrity…Get Me out of Here Now!, This Morning and BBC Radio London’s The Breakfast Show. Mark kept the 400-strong room of guests well entertained before the winners of the 14 prestigious Industry Awards were announced.
The Awards, which featured the Unsung Hero Awards – new for 2017 – were then presented by prominent faces from the Office Supplies industry. Winners were praised for their commitment, talent and team work before taking advantage of a photo opportunity.
- Brand Manufacturer of the Year – Fellowes
- Dealer Excellence Award (under £5 million turnover) – Tangent Office Resources
- Dealer Excellence Award (over £5 million turnover) – Codex
- eBusiness Award – Paperstone
- Initiative of the Year – Adult Colouring by Staedtler
- New Product of the Year Award (business) – Ultralight Staging System – Gopak
- New Product of the Year Award (consumer) – Interactive Colouring Book 4D – Pukka Pads
- Emerging Professional of the Year Award – Scott Woodward, Nemo
- Professional of the Year Award – Ian Buckley, Prima Software
- Publication of the Year – The MarketingSPA with Exertis Supplies
- Service Provider of the Year – Office Power
- Sustainable Leadership Award – Lyreco
- Unsung Hero Awards – Andy Johnson – Brother, Anita Glitero – Acco, Barry Robbins – HSM UK, Gill Peart – Stewart Superior, Liza Rudge – Hamelin Brands, Julie Yates – Acco and Tina Russell – Nemo
- Outstanding Achievement Award – Bob Geens, Advantia
The evening included a charity auction, raising funds for the BOSS Business Supplies Charity and guests enjoyed a night of celebrating achievements over a dance and a drink, and networking among colleagues and peers.
The evening was preceded by a popular ‘Gem of a Relationship’ conference, where delegates enjoyed collaborating with others in the industry over presentations on topics such as ‘Manage your CRM system more effectively’ and ‘How to build your professional brand’, before browsing the ‘Hidden Gem’ product exhibition, which hosted a range of products with excellent growth potential.
As always BOSS would like to thank all the judges who gave up their valuable time to ensure the judging process was carried out in the usual fair-minded and impartial manner.
BOSS would also like to thank the sponsors and supporters of the 2017 Awards, without whom this event would not have been possible – Antalis, BOSS Business Supplies Charity, Channel Info, Dealer Support, Fellowes, Nestle Professional, Office Depot, OPI, Staedtler – as well as everyone that attended the event.